Comments Policy for SpeakingOfSuicide.com
Comments are moderated, and there may be a delay of hours or days in publishing them.
If you need immediate help, please call 1.800.273.8255 (TALK) or 911 in North America, or the emergency services in your area if you live elsewhere. You can also check out the Resources page for a list of other places where you can receive help by phone, text, email, or online chat.
Please provide your name in the comment form as you wish for it to appear online. If you leave the name blank, you will be identified as Anonymous. Last names are not required.
Your comment will be edited, and might not be published altogether, if it does any of the following:
- Verbally abuses or slanders someone
- Provides incorrect information
- Encourages people, or someone in particular, to attempt suicide or die by suicide
- Asks for or provides advice on ways to attempt suicide or die by suicide
- Seeks a partner to join you in suicide
- Contains a suicide note addressed to specific people who are identifiable or would be able to identify themselves
- Announces a plan to die by suicide
- Describes in detail a suicide method
- Proselytizes a religion
- Advertises a product
Comments are not a way to receive help or counseling from the website’s creator and author, Stacey Freedenthal, PhD, LCSW. Dr. Freedenthal provides this website as a public service solely to provide information and education, not to provide crisis intervention, counseling, or other treatment. She provides counseling only by appointment in her Denver, CO office. If you live in Colorado and would like to become a client, please see her website www.staceyfreedenthal.com.
OK, those are all the rules. More may come, depending on what situations present themselves. Thank you for your engagement with www.SpeakingOfSuicide.com!